Monday, July 02, 2007

My Husband is a Genius...

So we're heading out to Disneyland this week for a family vacation (woo-hoo!) and I'm doing the chicken minus head routine trying to get everything ready to go. As one of my day jobs, I freelance for a local family magazine, and Friday I got an e-mail from my editor asking if I could fill in on an article due next week.


I mentioned to my husband that I was sorry I couldn't do the article, but with the trip it just wasn't possible. He said, "too bad you can't write an article about Disneyland."


Ding ding ding!


I pitched the idea to my editor, she gave the thumbs-up with some alterations, and it's a go! I'll be able to come out of this vacation with a little spending money from the sale of the article.


Not to mention the tax write-off for expenses.


See what I mean? The man's brilliant! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most excellent good! Tell Mickey & Co. hi from me. I've not been to Disneyland in a something like four years and I fear they've all forgotten me. ::sigh::

Stacy~ said...

Very cool, Kate. Now that's the way to do things *g*

Kate Davies said...

Will do, M-dith! Although I'm sure they haven't forgotten you. You're exceptionally memorable... ;)

And thanks, Stacy! I'm very excited about it.