Thursday, October 29, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
And here's a link to our blog. So stop by and say howdy!
Monday, October 19, 2009
Hope you had a lovely weekend. After a birthday filled with soccer, we headed to the pumpkin patch yesterday, so it was a great time all around.
But now I'm back, and ready to announce the winner of my Birthday Blog Party contest. Thanks to everyone who posted - it made the week a lot of fun. And the winner, chosen randomly by my critique partner via IM ("Hey, pick a number between one and..."), is
Congrats, Laurie! You've won a gift pack with some of my favorite things - a bath product set, a candle, a gorgeous notebook, some chocolate, and whatever else I decide to toss in before sending it your way. Please contact me off-blog with your addy info.
And because I completely forgot to announce the winner of my Banned Books Week giveaway, congrats to
Jane, contact me and I'll get you a list of books for you to choose from.
Congrats again to the two winners! And everyone else, I hope you'll stop by again. There will be more prizes coming up in the near future, plus an announcement for Nine Naughty Novelists with even more opportunities to win!
Friday, October 16, 2009
*It's my birthday!
*I'm finishing the Forty Facts today, which was WAY more complicated than I anticipated.
*It's my birthday!
*The regular soccer season is OVER TODAY!
*It's my birthday!
But setting all that aside, here are the final ten facts to round out the week of useless Kate information here on Kate Davies Blogs!
10. I don't drink coffee. Hot chocolate and tea, yes, but not coffee.
9. I love the smell of coffee brewing, however.
8. I have a really hard time spending money on myself. I've worked hard this year to overcome that issue. :)
7. I tend to be a night owl. Unfortunately, my personal schedule does not play nicely with things like public school opening times, work meetings, and hungry children. It's a conundrum.
6. The best advice my mother gave me, the advice I'll pass down to my children, is: "Don't forget to clean the lint trap." Seriously.
5. I have been a beta reader/critique partner to five writers since I started writing romance. All five have had at least one book published with Samhain. I'm fairly certain I had nothing to do with that fact.
4. A few years ago, I won tickets to the Rolling Stones concert through a radio call-in contest. The concert just happened to be held on my birthday. That one will probably remain hard to top for a while.
3. I was once left "home alone" while visiting relatives as a child. They all left for an event and forgot to bring me along. It took over half an hour before I noticed there was nobody else around. I was, of course, reading at the time.
2. I am really looking forward to enjoying my forties. No angsting over the change of decade - at least, not yet. ;)
1. I AM SO GLAD TO BE DONE WITH THIS THEME! *tosses confetti*
Thanks to everyone who hung in there through this random salute to my 40th birthday. Remember, every comment (or RT on Twitter) earns you another entry into my birthday giveaway drawing. So comment early, comment often, and stop by tomorrow to learn who won!
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Thursday, October 08, 2009
Tuesday, October 06, 2009
Woo-hoo! Save the series!
Kudos to Samhain for publishing Gennita Low's new book, Virtually Hers, which comes out today. It's a follow-up book to Virtually His, published by the Mira imprint of Harlequin. Sadly, Gennita's contract for VHers was dropped for whatever reason, leaving the full story untold. So glad that Samhain stepped in and gave it a home!Here's the skinny:
He can’t get her out of his head…literally.
Virtually, Book 2
In Helen “Hell” Roston’s elite black ops world, failure isn’t listed as an option in the rule book. As the leading guinea pig in a dangerous combination of virtual reality training and a mind-altering serum, though, every day offers a thousand ways to blow it. And the very real sexual chemistry that sizzles between Hell and her trainer is messing with her head even more.
COS Commando Jed McNeil is an expert in mind manipulation games. He’s been chosen to be Hell’s monitor and anchor in the Super Soldier Spy program. Trained to compartmentalize his needs and feelings in an assignment, he’s unprepared by how much Hell affects him.
When the experimental serum gives Helen incapacitating headaches, her pain throws Jed into protect-at-all-costs mode. A position the fiercely independent Hell would rather die than be in. But with a rogue CIA faction out to sabotage the program, Hell has no choice—even if it makes her head explode. It’s trust Jed, or die.
Contains scenes of voyeuristic hanky panky, bad guys that feed off mind-blowing sexual energy, a heroine who knows how to get her kick-ass on, and a hero who gives as good as he gets.
So head on over to My Bookstore and More and pick up a copy because the first book rocked, because Gennita tells a hell of a story, and because we should support publishers who help authors finish what they started. :) It's Tuesday. Go Buy It Now!