Thursday, May 01, 2008

Book BIN (Thurs)day -- Simply Perfect


Whew! It's been a crazy month or so, with deadlines and day job pressures and family stuff -- did you know that with two kids in sports, we have exactly two free evenings in May?

So I apologize for being so sporadic with my blogging, and I hope to do better from here on out. The edits are in on Hooked (which has a release date! June 30! Woot!), and I'm in the downward slide for the school year, so life is good.

That said, I'm two days late with my Book BIN recommendation for this week, but it's such a good read I had to plug it in here anyway.

Simply Perfect, Mary Balogh's final book in the Simply series, is exactly what the title says. Just perfect. It's a beautiful, emotional, fabulous read. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Now, you know I'm a glommer, so once I discovered Mary Balogh I had to go back and read all of her books that I could find -- particularly the Bedwyn series and the Suddenly/Simply books as well. I do recommend that if you're new to Balogh, because a great many of the characters from these earlier books pop up in this one. It can be read as a stand-alone, but I think there are added depths when you know some of the backstory.

Anyway, it's out in stores now, so I unreservedly recommend that you head to your nearest bookstore and Buy It Now!

No comments: