Wednesday, May 07, 2008

What Do You Do With The Teeth?

This is something I never thought of before I became a parent.

But seriously, what do you do with their baby teeth when they start falling out?


I've got two kids shedding teeth at an alarming rate these days, and after the tooth fairy comes (and that's another story altogether), she's just not sure what to do with those no-longer-useful teeth.


Throwing them away seems sad, in a way, but am I really supposed to KEEP them? I mean, ew.


So if you're a parent, what do you do? If you aren't, but have an opinion, toss that my way, too. The back of my jewelry box is getting a little full.

3 comments:

Angela James said...

Well, I don't know about you, but I don't have any of my baby teeth and I don't feel too upset about that,lol. Maybe just keep one and throw the rest?

Kate Davies said...

That sounds like a good compromise. I just never thought this would be something I would find myself conflicted about, you know? Who would have thought baby teeth could cause angst?

Add in the fact that my nine year old has to remind me to have the "tooth fairy" visit the seven year old's pillow because she's forgotten so many times, and you can see why losing teeth is a painful experience in our household.

Diane Craver said...

I threw all the baby teeth away from all 6 kids. And when I used to forget to get the tooth and put money under the pillow, I told the child to go to bed earlier the next night so the tooth fairy would fly in. Tooth fairies can't be out late. LOL