Monday, March 02, 2009

MTA Monday -- Meet Catherine Wade


NAME: Catherine Wade

WEBSITE: http://www.catherinewade.com

BLOG: http://catherinewade.wordpress.com

TITLE OF FIRST BOOK: Let’s Dish

RELEASE DATE: March 3, 2009

FAVORITE WRITING STORY/SAYING/MEMORY: National Novel Writing Month (http://www.nanowrimo.org/) 2002 I met two ladies who would be my best writing buddies for years to come. Very valuable learning experience for my writing, and I felt for the first time I had the “stuff” to publish a book. And these ladies have helped me along every step of that road.

FAVORITE NON-WRITING STORY/SAYING/MEMORY: This last Labor Day, to celebrate my birthday, we went to the zoo in Omaha, NE. We had the best weekend, just my husband, my three boys and me. It was right after I signed with Samhain, so it was also a celebration of that accomplishment.

COMFORT FOOD: Steak. Nothing like some good rare cow to make you feel better when you’re down.

COMFORT READ: Jill Churchill mysteries, especially the Jane Jeffry books.

YOUR PERFECT DAY: I have to say the day I sold Let’s Dish. I was at work with the ladies who have seen me through the years where I seemed to be getting nowhere. They hugged me, cried with me, and then took me out and bought me chocolate. I finished the day by crowing on the phone with my best writing buddies. It doesn’t get much better than that.

WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON NOW?: A romantic comedy titled Courting Kismet. Serena Harrick is an uptight college drama professor who doesn’t think she’s uptight. Butch Callahan is a tough contractor with no intention of helping out some college geek, even if she is kinda cute. Add in amazingly bad timing, a stuffy ex-fiancee, and Serena’s inexplicable need to prove she’s moved on, and the wilds of Minnesota have never seemed so wild.

No comments: