Sunday, March 22, 2009

MTA Monday -- Meet Vivian Arend




NAME: Vivian Arend

WEBSITE: http://vivianarend.com/

BLOG: http://vivarend.blogspot.com/

TITLE OF FIRST BOOK: Wolf Signs

RELEASE DATE: March 24, 2009

FAVORITE WRITING STORY/SAYING/MEMORY: Favorite memories so far are little moments that make my heart beat faster. Getting an acceptance letter. Having a Beta reader slip in the comment that the section she just finished made her laugh/cry/sweat… Seeing the cover artwork for the first time. Getting an ‘Oh, I loved your book, I just read it for the second time.’ I’m still in shock I wrote the thing, so it’s thrilling to know someone enjoyed it enough to re-read it!

FAVORITE NON-WRITING STORY/SAYING/MEMORY: I have a small wall plaque that states, “I am subject to bursts of enthusiasm.” I tend to do things 110%, jumping in with both feet and going for it. Cooking, kayaking, reading, living… all out all the time!

It’s not a bad way to live but it makes for some interesting moments!


COMFORT FOOD:
In hot weather, sushi. In cold, macaroni and cheese. The real stuff in the blue box. With lots of pepper and ketchup.

COMFORT READ: The Belgariad series by David Eddings. It’s simply full of every single fantasy element and too funny to boot. I love the bantering between the characters. It may not be real high literature but it’s a hoot and perfect for escapism.

YOUR PERFECT DAY:
Waking up to sunshine and heading out to do some kind of activity before breakfast- ski in winter, kayak or bike or canoe or walk in summer. Breakfast out with my hubby then getting to write/read all day until dinner.

After a good day writing I’d enjoy supper with the family and then play games with them. We like logic puzzle type stuff or hubby and I could go play bridge- just learning and it’s been a blast.

Some time chatting online with friends and a good book to read with a glass of wine in the evening.

Can I do this tomorrow? Please?



WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON NOW?
I have a few works in progress. A ménage paranormal with the heroine has psychic abilities. A western romance. A naughty version of an Aesop’s fable.

Revising another werewolf paranormal. Lots on the go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have heard me say it over and over lol, I can't WAIT for this book. (I just realized that by doing that I may be adding pressure to you....lol SORRY!) ANYWAYS...going to the Mac and Cheese portion of your interview. WOOT! Someone else who puts ketchup on it! Have you tried Chipotle Tabasco sauce? It is amazing on it! And I love adding bacon or ham to my mac and cheese....

Viv Arend said...

LOL!

Natasha, you are a hoot! And I'm so glad it's the 24th and you get to read the book now.

I'm planning on Mac and CHeese for lunch as a celebration- the hot sauce sounds marvelous!!