Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thursday Thirteen - Thirteen Reasons I'm Excited About My New Job

1. It's in my hometown! We've wanted to move closer to family for a while now, and this gives us the opportunity.
2. It's full time pay for full time work.
3. I've met my supervisor and some colleagues, and they seem really great. I'm looking forward to being part of that team.
4. It's cutting-edge - working with technology in an educational setting.
5. Shopping! I've been working from home for years, so I have get to update my wardrobe and wear some cool new clothes.
6. Connected to the last one -  SHOES.
7. I have my own office!
8. A set schedule. Hopefully, by having a start and end time, I'll be able to get *more* writing done, rather than trying to fit it in around a job that expanded to fill all my off hours.
9. A new house! (Once we buy it, that is.)
10. New tech! I'm a kid in a candy store around new technology, so when I saw the stuff I get to use for the job, I was *thrilled*.
11. Kids closer to cousins. Family is so important to us, so this is a big one.
12. Great opportunity for growth. New challenges that will keep me up to date in my field.
13. Husband will get to buy a new guitar. :) (Guess who suggested that one?)

Today's my first day, so wish me luck!

1 comment:

Meg Benjamin said...

Good luck, Kate. Knock 'em dead (so to speak).