THIRTEEN THINGS I LOVE ABOUT SUMMER
In honor of the first day of summer here in the northern hemisphere, here are my thirteen favorite things about the season:
1. Bruschetta. Yeah, I know, I'm a bit obsessive about it this week. Here's a pic of my actual dinner, not borrowed from Google Image Search:
(recipe below, in previous post)
2. Sprinklers. Kids played in the spray this evening for almost an hour.
3. Leaving the windows open at night.
4. Roses in bloom.
5. Shorts and tank tops.
6. The scent of ripe blackberries. (Okay, that's actually later in the summer, but I still love it.)
7. The extra hours of sunlight.
8. Boating. We don't actually have a boat, but sometimes our friends take pity on us and take us out on the water.
9. Strawberries from the berry stand down the road. Homemade jam, strawberry shortcake, strawberries dipped in sour cream and brown sugar -- yum!
10. Road Trips!
11. Sitting on the front porch, watching the kids play with the neighbors late into the evening.
12. Ice cream cones.
13. Vacation. This year we're going to Disneyland, baby!
What's your favorite thing about summer? Or, if you're down south, what's the best thing about winter?