Thursday, February 15, 2007

Thirteen Items On My Desk Right Now

Because I'm too darn tired to come up with something clever, here's a list of thirteen things I can see on my desk at the moment. I guess it's a reminder that I need to clean it up!

1. Notebook, binder, and manila folder of materials for new job
2. Box of Tyvek envelopes
3. Ballpoint pen advertising political campaign (losing) for local commissioner race
4. Roll of masking tape
5. Three--count 'em, three--printers
6. May 2006 issue of Cooking Light
7. Phone book marked "use through December 2006"
8. Little black thingy that fell off my chair
9. Tangle of cords for connecting (a) digital camera, (b) Alphasmart, (c) another printer, and (d) mp3 player to the computer
10. Staples buying guide (which my youngest likes to play with -- smacking the photo of the "easy" button and reciting "that was easy" over and over and over and over and...
11. Lady and the Tramp mug of hot chocolate. Empty.
12. Bag of cinnamon red-hots, a futile attempt to avoid chocolate temptation over the Valentine's season.
13. A paper-edited manuscript, half-completed.

If you couldn't tell, I'm a bit of a packrat. How about you? Neat and tidy, or could they determine the time period of an item based on the layers of material surrounding it, like they do in geology? What's the most unusual item you can see right now?

3 comments:

Stacy~ said...

Hey Kate, I'm such a packrat that it's not even funny. I can totally relate.

Btw, I got Strip Tease & Challenging Carter today - now I just need a bit of time to read them :)

Stacy~ said...

Okay, I got to read "Striptease", and I totally fell in love with Tony...sigh. I loved where he took Caroline on their date - so sweet :)

Kate Davies said...

Stacy!

Thanks so much for stopping by -- and thanks for picking up Strip Tease and Challenging Carter! And wow, you sure got to ST quickly. LOL

I know, Tony's quite the sweetie, isn't he? He's got a great big Italian family, and quite a few of them are clamoring for stories of their own. I'm looking forward to getting to know more of them! :)

Thanks again,
Kate