In keeping with the theme of the week -- banned and challenged books -- I'm listing thirteen frequently-challenged books that I loved.
And don't forget my contest! Comment in the post right below this one, and you could win a free download of my latest book, Lessons In Love.
1. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
2. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
3. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
4. The Giver by Lois Lowry
5. The Color Purple by Alice Walker
6. A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L'Engle
7. Killing Mr. Griffin by Lois Duncan
8. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
9. A Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein
10. James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
11. Athletic Shorts by Chris Crutcher
12. The Face on the Milk Carton by Caroline Cooney
13. Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
Wow! Let me tell you, it was hard to narrow that list down. How about you? Check out the ALA list of most challenged books of 1990-2000 and tell me what you think!