Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Australia Flooding

I've been watching the footage of flooding in Australia with shock and a sense of deja-vu. If you've been a longtime reader of the blog, you might remember more than one flooding situation being mentioned. Our town is prone to flooding, and though our house has always been spared, it's been a bad situation for friends and neighbors.

But this is flooding on a different level. The scope of it is almost too much to take in - an area larger than the entire state of Texas is flooded. And so many people are affected.



In coming days, there will be opportunities to donate to help those displaced by the floodwaters. I'll be keeping an eye out. In the meantime, they've got my thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Jess the Reader said...

As an Aussie who has just discovered your blog and is reading the archives, I just wanted to say thanks so much for your prayers and kind thoughts. I was lucky enough not to be affected by the flooding, and neither was my family, but there are many people still homeless and recovering. It means so much that people around the world were thinking of us.