Sunday, August 19, 2007

Shout Out to OHS Class of '87

So I just got back from my 20th class reunion weekend. Left the hubby and kids at home and headed back to the old stomping grounds


It was a great weekend, all told, and I had a wonderful time. It was great seeing so many friends and acquaintances, some of whom I hadn't seen since graduation. There was a very nice dinner, and lots of great '80's music, though I was so busy talking to people I didn't manage to make it out onto the dance floor.


I also managed to drop by the local mall, and convinced the bookstores there to order in Tease Me, Please Me, so it'll be on the shelves instead of requiring a special order. Yay!


It's been a long, long time since I've been somewhere completely on my own, without kids and husband around. I missed them, of course, but for a short while it was nice being responsible only for myself. I could roll in at 2 a.m. and not worry about worrying anyone. :) (I think it's been almost twenty years since I had breakfast at Shari's after midnight. I probably shouldn't make a habit of it!)


So to Guy and Kirsten and the rest of the committee, thanks for a wonderful weekend. To Heather, thanks for being such a great promotions director. To Mom and Dad, thanks for letting me crash at your place. Jona, I've still got your book. I'll find a way to get it to you.


Everyone else, it was wonderful seeing you and catching up. Let's not wait another 20 years before we do it again.


Oh, and Scott? E-book reader. Seriously. I'm begging you.


So how was your weekend? Do anything fun and fabulous?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun and fabulous, huh? Well, we closed RIII (in the rain [!]). That was pretty darned awsome. Everyone really brought it for closing night, and it was filmed that night, so yay!

Glad you had so much fun at your reunion! I'm hoping mine goes well next year. ::crossing fingers::