Here are thirteen things I'm looking forward to this month:
1. My high school reunion. I can't believe it's been twenty years already!
2. The release of my first print book, Tease Me, Please Me (which is already up on barnes&noble.com and borders.com -- woo hoo!) on August 21.
3. Being home. We spent almost half of July on the road, on one trip or another. I really just want to collapse in a familiar spot for a while.
4. The start of soccer season. I love watching my kids play soccer -- that transition from swarm ball and "ooh, look, a butterfly" to head down, full-out competition play.
5. School shopping. Something about buying classroom supplies puts me in a nostalgic, happy mood.
6. Not having to water the plants every day. (Of course, most of them are dead, due to the Summer Of Road Trips. But I persist, because I feel badly for them anyway.)
7. The release of Force of Nature, by Suzanne Brockmann. August 14. Not that I'm counting down the days or anything. Have I mentioned that I'm a total, raving fangirl? Love, love, LOVE her books!
8. The rodeo. Every year we go to the rodeo with the extended family at the end of the summer. (Technically, Labor Day weekend, so it's actually in September, but who cares, right?) Loads of fun, lots of great family memories.
9. Blackberries. Love to pick them, eat them, make pies with them -- yum! Plus, the scent of blackberries on warm summer evenings is one of my favorite things.
10. Having a few weeks off from the day job before orientation/registration season hits.
11. Spending some time in the gardens. I know, I know, seems counterintuitive considering #6, but I really do want to get the exterior of the house back in shape.
12. The release of Lessons In Love, my newest book from Samhain, coming September 4. (That's close enough to August, right?) I'm anxiously waiting for the official okay to share my cover, because it's SMOKIN'! Stay tuned for more details in the coming weeks.
13. Enjoying the remaining time with my kids before school starts. I'm sure it'll be over in a blink, so I'm going to make a conscious effort to make this time special.
What are you looking forward to this month?