Saturday, December 29, 2007

Done, Done, Done, Done

It's done.

I finished my book last night, at about 1:30 am (does that make it this morning? I don't think I've gone to bed before 2 am since Christmas Eve, so I really can't tell anymore). Typed the last line, saved it to my thumb drive, loaded it on the computer that's hooked to the Internet, and sent it off to my beta reader.

Now I'm just waiting for the response so I can fix any glaring errors before sending it to my lovely, understanding, patient editor. Did I mention patient?

So I'm actually surfing the net tonight, polishing up an old article I forgot to send to the family magazine I write for from time to time (it's a 'how to travel with kids' article, and if it's not sent in before the end of the year, I can't write off the trip on my taxes), enjoying a nice glass of Gewurztraminer, and thinking about going to bed before midnight.

Ah, bliss!

And speaking of bliss, the Powers that Be finally posted my newest cover over on the Samhain Coming Soon pages, and I'm absolutely delighted to be able to share it! Isn't it yummy?
This is the follow-on book to Lessons In Love, and it's scheduled for release on February 26.

Hope everyone is having a nice, relaxing, stress-free evening.

4 comments:

Jane said...

I think champagne is required for this celebration.

Stacy~ said...

WTG Kate! I'm excited to see all these releases, and the new cover is wonderful - tasteful and lovely.

N.J.Walters said...

Congrats on finishing your book. That's always something to celebrate!

Your new cover is just lovely, Kate.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cover! Looking forward to the official release. :D

~M