Friday, December 28, 2007

EEEEEEE!!!!!!

My apologies to all everyone on the west coast of the US tonight. If you happened to sustain hearing loss from my unbridled squealing, it was certainly unintentional.


But I just had to squeeee. One of my best buds, and a fabulous writer, called to tell me she'd sold her first book to Samhain!


Yay, M!


So, I can't tell you the name of the book or when it's coming out or even what name she'll be publishing under. At least not yet, until everything is nailed down. But I can tell you I've read the manuscript, and it totally rocks, and I'm just counting down the days until it's out.


Anyway, I'll be back in a day or so once I finish this latest book (only 6K left to go! Whew!), with more fun news (and hopefully more deets on the sale). Hope everyone had an excellent holiday season, and that you have fun stuff to look forward to this weekend!

3 comments:

Stacy~ said...

Well, huge congrats to M! That's awesome news, and what a way to end 2007 and start 3008! Keep us posted, 'k, Kate?

Kate Davies said...

No worries about that, Stacy~! :)

I actually got to be a beta reader for this book, and love it so much I harangued M until she submitted it to Samhain. I can tell you it's a M/M fantasy romance that'll knock your socks off.

Note to M: Hurry up and get that website addy reserved so I can officially congratulate you, woman!

Anonymous said...

It's on the TO Do list, I swear! I kinda wanna sign the contract first, you know? ;)

~M