Friday, March 09, 2007

TGIF

Whew!

Made it through the week alive.

It's been a crazy few weeks, actually, starting the new day job as well as working on lots of marketing/promo type activities as Challenging Carter was released. It didn't help that I've been living in the House Of Plague -- we've added strep throat, another double ear infection, an unexplained high fever, and two more head colds to the list of illnesses that have blown through our household in the last month. I'm amazed all of us are currently upright.

But all in all, life is good. I went to our local chapter meeting last night, where Jane Porter was presenting. She gave an amazing talk on the biology and chemistry of male-female relationships that blew some doors open for me. I'm inspired. (Thanks, Jane!)

We diagnosed the problem with our daphne (freeze damage from the freak snowstorm last week), caught up on the laundry, and even almost finished cleaning up the kids' room. Ah, bliss!

Now, for fourteen hours sleep. I'd feel like a new woman.

Don't see it happening, but a girl can dream, can't she? :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Stacy~ said...

Oh, sorry everyone's been sick. I caught a cold last weekend and though it's only a cold (and the evil cough that keeps you up all night) I feel totally wiped out and useless. I miss the old Theraflu tablets (before they were taken off the market and re-issued).

I love Jane's perspective on a lot of things. She has such a strong attitude and passion about writing and romance, and I bet her talk was fabulous.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

Kate Davies said...

Thanks, Stacy! Knock wood, we all seem to be healthy now.

The talk was great. I took notes like crazy, though I can't read my handwriting now. :)

Hope your weekend was great!