I've been tagged by Kate Johnson/Cat Marsters to blog about Eight Things About Me.
Here are the rules:
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
So here's my list:
1. I once sang karaoke, under duress, in a restaurant in the middle of Munich, Germany. The theme from Mahogany, which I didn't actually know, but was one of the few English-language songs available.
2. I have a new yellow fuzzy bathrobe that gets so much static electricity in it, when I take it off in a darkened room it throws off blue sparks.
3. My eldest is annoyed with me that I won't wake her up at midnight to show her the sparks.
4. I do most of my best work late at night. My children, however, don't see that as a good enough reason to sleep past 6:30. Even on weekends.
5. My 20th high school reunion is this year, three days before my print anthology is released. I'll be carrying bookmarks and trying not to be too obnoxious.
6. On a weeklong horseback-riding camping trip the summer before I started high school, someone stepped on my glasses in the middle of the night and broke them. The very first night. I was almost completely blind for the entire trip. I have pictures of places I don't remember visiting.
7. I actually belong to a health club that runs a wellness challenge, similar to the one described in Challenging Carter. No strip aerobics, though. :)
8. I hate following rules. That's why I'm only tagging two people -- that, and the fact that most of the people I tag for these things either just did a tag from me recently, or have already done this meme.
So I'm tagging Diane Craver and Linda Winfree. Have fun, ladies!