Monday, September 11, 2006

Save a Horse...

...well, you know the song, right? :)

Labor Day weekend in my family is reserved for one last end-of-summer hurrah, a huge get together at the rodeo. We wear cowboy hats and scarf down bbq beef sandwiches and have a pizza party on Saturday night. We wander the fair and buy t-shirts and eat hot scones slathered with jam.

Okay, maybe that's just me.

In any case, this Labor Day was no exception. I just downloaded my photos of the rodeo and thought I'd share a couple with you.


<=Here I am, decked out in my rodeo finery. I love wearing my real-honest-to-goodness Stetson, but rarely have an excuse to pull it out of the closet. Nothing keeps it off my head at rodeo time.

Our seats are right across the track from the rodeo arena. It's a great location. The professional photographers hang out there, too. =>


<=This one's a little dark, but I like it anyway. A cowboy and his horse warming up behind the arena. And the last pic I have to share:

an action shot! Still photos (at least with my dinky camera) can't do the energy of the rodeo justice, but I do my best. Note the pink shirts on the riders -- it was Man Enough to Wear Pink day, in honor of breast cancer survivors. These guys definitely were. :)

3 comments:

Stacy~ said...

Very coo, Kate. Thanx for sharing :)

Stacy~ said...

CooL, I mean, cool!

Kate Davies said...

Coo, cool, close enough!

:)

Thanks for stopping by, Stacy!