Friday, December 01, 2006

In the holiday spirit...

I have a confession to make.

I didn't write a word today.

This is unusual for me, especially lately; I've been so deep in my writing cave, I can barely see sunlight. But today I was dragged out to play, and I just got home a little while ago.

And the day was wonderful. We went to see the Nutcracker, three generations of family together, and then to visit Santa and finally dinner out. The production, by Pacific Northwest Ballet, was amazing, with gorgeous sets by Maurice Sendak and a corps of dancers that had even the three year old enthralled.

After the show we trundled down to a local department store for pictures with Santa; one of the workers there said my youngest would be her story of the day. Something to do with saying "Swedish pancakes" instead of "cheese" -- over and over and over!

And dinner was great, too. All in all, a highly successful day.

Of course, it means that I'll be writing doubletime tomorrow to make up for the lost productivity. But I can't regret the time taken out today. It really put me in the holiday mood, which has been hard to come by this year in all the busyness. Now I'm ready to start tackling shopping and cookie baking and Christmas cards.

Once I get the book done, of course. :)

Today's question: Are you in the holiday mood yet? If so, what brings out the holiday spirit in you most?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that it's December, I'm getting more in the mood. But the cold has a way of dampening my holiday spirit LOL. It's only 10 degrees here! I should be living on a tropical island....

Kate Davies said...

Brrr! Stacy, I feel your pain. It rarely gets that cold here on the west coast, but when the temp dips below freezing, I'm bundled like the Michelin man!