Sunday, April 27, 2008

I've Been Tagged!



The lovely Jami Davenport tagged me, so I'm playing along -- but because just about everyone I know has been tagged with this one, I won't be passing it on. Instead, anyone who reads this post and wants to play can consider themselves tagged. Fair enough? :)



The rules:



Tell seven random and/or interesting things about myself. Get five blog buddies to play, too and link to their blogs. Don't forget to post the rules.



1. I once sang The Theme from Mahogany in a Philipine restaurant in the middle of Munich, Germany. Under duress.



2. In my varied employment history I have been a movie theater ticket salesperson, a newspaper folder, a day camp counselor, an ice cream salesperson at festivals, and the Easter bunny.



3. In junior high, I went to Washington DC as a state finalist in National History Day with an individual performance about Chief Seattle (Sealth).



4. I taught junior high English for six years before staying home with the kids and pursuing a writing career.



5. My first foray into romance writing was fan fiction. A favorite TV show ended on a most annoying cliff hanger, and then was cancelled. I had to write an ending that gave the main characters their HEA. From that point on, I was hooked!



6. At WesterCon one year, I dressed up as Krissy Kochanski. If you can name the series that character is from, you win a prize! (Oh, and Maia, you're not eligible, since you were there! LOL)




7. In Lessons In Trust, the ambassador who throws the dinner party that Lucia and Eric attend is from Isole dei Re. If you've read Lucy Monroe's books, you may recognize that as the setting for her trilogy that includes The Prince's Virgin Wife, His Royal Love-Child, and The Scorsolini Marriage Bargain. She was nice enough to "loan" it to me for a fun little in-joke!



So there you go. Some are new, some I may have mentioned before -- now, does anyone have any interesting items to share?

No comments: