Monday, March 19, 2007

Book BIN Tuesday

Welcome to the very first Book BIN Tuesday!

What's Book BIN Tuesday, you ask? Well, BIN stands for Buy It Now, so it's my day to pimp a book I'm really excited about. :) It may be a hot-off-the-presses book coming out that day, or a book I just finished reading and loved. It could be an older title that's one of my favorites. The only thread tying these books together is that I think you should, well, Buy It Now.

And what's the first book I'll be highlighting? (Drumroll, please...)



This book came out a couple of weeks ago, and I ran out and bought it right away, even though I knew I wouldn't have a chance to read it for a while (the new day job is taking waaaaay more time than I'd anticipated). Now, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and I can't wait to dive right in.

Why No Safe Place? Well, I adore JoAnn, both as a writer and as an all-around fabulous person. I'm on a writer's loop with her, and she's incredibly generous with her time and expertise. But beyond that, she writes a kick-ass story, whether it's a lyrical Irish love story or a pulse-pounding romantic suspense. I don't think I've found a single Ross book I haven't loved.

Plus, the story behind the story is fascinating, too. JoAnn was in the process of writing this New Orleans-set book when Katrina hit, so it got shelved for a while. I'm thrilled that it's finally here!

So I'm going to read it soon -- probably this week, once the day job paperwork is caught up. And I hope if you do Buy It Now, you let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Marianne Arkins said...

I just started reading it... I love her stuff, usually, but have to admit to frustration at having the H/H miles apart at the beginning several chapters. I want them to meet, and want them to meet NOW! LOL... I'll be interested to see what you think of it.