Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #22 -- Thirteen Things I'm Looking Forward To





It's August!



Here are thirteen things I'm looking forward to this month:



1. My high school reunion. I can't believe it's been twenty years already!


2. The release of my first print book, Tease Me, Please Me (which is already up on barnes&noble.com and borders.com -- woo hoo!) on August 21.


3. Being home. We spent almost half of July on the road, on one trip or another. I really just want to collapse in a familiar spot for a while.


4. The start of soccer season. I love watching my kids play soccer -- that transition from swarm ball and "ooh, look, a butterfly" to head down, full-out competition play.


5. School shopping. Something about buying classroom supplies puts me in a nostalgic, happy mood.


6. Not having to water the plants every day. (Of course, most of them are dead, due to the Summer Of Road Trips. But I persist, because I feel badly for them anyway.)


7. The release of Force of Nature, by Suzanne Brockmann. August 14. Not that I'm counting down the days or anything. Have I mentioned that I'm a total, raving fangirl? Love, love, LOVE her books!

8. The rodeo. Every year we go to the rodeo with the extended family at the end of the summer. (Technically, Labor Day weekend, so it's actually in September, but who cares, right?) Loads of fun, lots of great family memories.



9. Blackberries. Love to pick them, eat them, make pies with them -- yum! Plus, the scent of blackberries on warm summer evenings is one of my favorite things.



10. Having a few weeks off from the day job before orientation/registration season hits.



11. Spending some time in the gardens. I know, I know, seems counterintuitive considering #6, but I really do want to get the exterior of the house back in shape.



12. The release of Lessons In Love, my newest book from Samhain, coming September 4. (That's close enough to August, right?) I'm anxiously waiting for the official okay to share my cover, because it's SMOKIN'! Stay tuned for more details in the coming weeks.



13. Enjoying the remaining time with my kids before school starts. I'm sure it'll be over in a blink, so I'm going to make a conscious effort to make this time special.



What are you looking forward to this month?



8 comments:

Michelle B said...

I can't believe it's already August! I hope you enjoy your high school reunion. I was skeptical about my 10th, but was really glad I went afterwards. Next year is my 10 year college reunion. Boy how time flies!

Anonymous said...

I graduated over 20 years ago and I've never been to a single reunion. I have no idea why. Have fun at yours!

Robin said...

Congratulations on your book release!

My 20th was this year too, but thankfully I live 6,000 and an ocean away, so there was no question that I wasn't going.

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

Print release day is the GREATEST!!!!! Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

i'm looking forward to august because school starts back up soon.

;p

Susan Bischoff said...

I owe you a thank you. I started this month with a "thank God July is over" and started a list of things to dread in August. So now I'm going to go think about your question.

Stacy~ said...

#1. I went to my 10-yr reunion, which was kinda of anticlimatic, so I'm not sure I'll be going to my 20-yr in a few years. We'll see.

#2. Awesome news on TM,PM. It's on my list, girl.

#7. Oh yeah, FON. One of two authors (the other McNaught) that I will buy in hardcover. Suz is my goddess.

#12. More good Kate Davies news. That's always welcome :)

Kate Davies said...

Thanks for stopping by, everyone! I'm really excited about, well, everything, even the reunion! I only made it to part of the 10-year, so I'm really looking forward to catching up with everyone.

And Susan, I hope this month is a positive one for you!

Stacy~, you know I'll be looking for someone to dish with about FON as soon as I'm done reading it. The non-internet friends I have who read Suz are just so darn SLOW!