Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Road Trip Report -- Photo Edition

You know what? I think I'm going to let the pictures do the talking on this post, because I just don't have the words to match these views. Absolutely breathtaking. And the pictures really don't do them justice, either. (At their first view of the Grand Canyon, the kids kept saying, "It's like a painting!" For me, it was the *depth* of the view, which just can't be captured in a photo. But I tried.)

Enjoy!

THE GRAND CANYON




























MONUMENT VALLEY































ARCHES NATIONAL PARK, UTAH





















4 comments:

Jane said...

I saw on the news recently that one of the arches collapsed.

Kate Davies said...

Not our fault! Honest!

:)

My mom says we're not allowed to travel anymore. A week after we leave LA, there's an earthquake. A week or so after we leave Arches, one of them falls down.

Just call us the Destructo Family.

Maia Strong said...

::sigh:: I really need to get to the Grand Canyon one of these years. Imagine that it was all full of torrential waters once... Nature is way cool.

Diane Craver said...

Great pics! I've never been to the Grand Canyon so thanks for sharing.