Monday, February 16, 2009

MTA Monday/Book BIN Tuesday -- A Vivi Andrews Twofer!

Sigh.

You'd think I could get the "post-it-later" function to work on this thing, but noooo...

So instead of MTA Monday yesterday followed by Book BIN Tuesday today, I'm putting them both together in one, big, fantabulous post! (And, erm, apologies to Vivi.)

First, let's Meet The Author...


TITLE OF FIRST BOOK: The Ghost Shrink, the Accidental Gigolo, & the Poltergeist Accountant
RELEASE DATE: February 17, 2009

FAVORITE WRITING STORY/SAYING/MEMORY: Many moons ago, while sitting in a Kumbaya circle at a writing workshop, the presenter asked us each to write down three sets of three. 1) Three things that, if you could wave your magic wand and give them to everyone on the planet, would make the world a better place. 2) Three things that you would eliminate with your magic wand to make the world a better place. 3) Three things that make you happy, just because. Then we went around and shared our answers. They ran the gamut from Money to Puppies to Self-Respect. We were granting people Freedom and Understanding and taking away their Guns, Bigotry, and Embarrassing Bodily Functions. We got completely (and passionately) off the topic of writing, and then the presenter stood up and said, “The Threes are the things that really matter to you. If you aren’t writing about them, why aren’t you?” So whenever I start to drift, I sit down and write out a new set of Threes. Then I know what to write.
FAVORITE NON-WRITING STORY/SAYING/MEMORY: “Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.” -Mark Twain

COMFORT FOOD: My dad’s spaghetti & chocolate cupcakes – though not at the same time.

COMFORT READ: Anything by Jennifer Crusie or Julia Quinn. Or Christopher Moore… Or Jasper Fforde… Or Stephanie Rowe… Or D.H. Lawrence. Or Jane Austen.
YOUR PERFECT DAY: Wake up. Swim out to the rocks at Ala Moana beach. Write. Hike Blueberry Loop with my family. Play with my niece and nephews. Ski Alyeska. Write more. Watch the sunset from my grandma’s lanai in Manoa Valley. Watch a baseball game with my dad. Catch a movie with my best friend and then spend three hours discussing it. Go for drinks and pub quiz awesomeness with my friends (at the mythical pub at the intersection of Washington D.C., Madison, Chicago, Minneapolis, Anchorage and Seattle). Curl up in bed and read until I fall asleep.
Now all I need is the ability to bend time and space to my will and I’m good to go.
WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON NOW?: At the moment, I’m putting the finishing touches The Ghost Exterminator: A Love Story, which features my Ghost Shrink heroine’s cousin, who also has a special relationship with the dead.

And to continue with the awesomeness that is Vivi Andrews, here's a peek at her new book!


It’s not smart to piss off a poltergeist…

It’s bad enough to be sexually frustrated. But as a medium, it means until Lucy Cartwright gets some, she’s doomed. Oh no, not to death. Worse. To nightly visitations by recently deceased, wanna-be Cassanovas without the bodies to back it up. Then a living, breathing fantasy arrives on her doorstep, and Lucy thinks her dry spell is at an end.

Much as he would like to be Lucy’s personal gigolo, PI Jake Cox has a job to do. He’s been sent to prevent her from getting laid until a particular horny phantom—and key witness in his mob investigation—pays her a visit. The real challenge? Keeping his own hands off Lucy long enough to get the job done.

Or the lonely, geeky ghost of a murdered mob accountant could rip a hole in the fabric of the universe…

*****
I don't know about you, but that book sounds like a *hoot* -- and hot, to boot! Why not stop by My Bookstore and More and Buy It Now?

And thanks, Vivi, for stopping by the blog!

1 comment:

Diane Craver said...

Hi Vivi,
I love your perfect day!

Your book sounds like a fantastic read and I love the title and cover! I recognized your name (I'm a Samhain author too) and enjoyed learning more about you. Hope you sell lots of books!

Thanks, Kate, for a great interview!