Friday, February 06, 2009

Reception Retread


Every once in a while, a song will come on the radio and my husband or I will look at each other and say, "that should have been our dance."

You know, the dance. The wedding reception dance.

There's a lot of pressure related to picking the right song, the right tempo. What if you pick a flash-in-the-pan song that you'll be sick of in a year? What if you pick something everyone else is dancing to that year? Thank God there wasn't YouTube back when we were planning our wedding -- those videos of people performing fabulous dance routines probably would have totally freaked me out.

But I digress.

Our first dance was to Eric Clapton's Wonderful Tonight, which was nice, but there are still times a song will hit me and I'll think, "that would have been a perfect first dance song!" Songs like At Last. When You Say Nothing At All. The Way You Look Tonight.

How about you? If you've had a first dance, what was the song? Would you change it if you could? If you haven't gone through that particular ritual yet, what song would you pick?

No comments: