Monday, April 16, 2007

RIP Roscoe Lee Browne


I was saddened to hear of the death of actor Roscoe Lee Browne last week. He had one of the best voices in movies and theater, right behind James Earl Jones. He did a lot of voice work, The Proud Family, The Wild Thornberries, Spider-Man, as well as stage and screen roles. He was also the voice of the AT & T commercials.

When I was in college, he came to our campus for a performance and workshop, and I was lucky enough to attend. He was a kind, gracious, and encouraging man, and supremely talented.

And I was thrilled when he told me I had a great voice. Coming from him, it was a wonderful compliment!

I've just attempted my first vid posting on the blog as well. A clip from the Cosby Show should be posted either right before or right after this post. Roscoe Lee Browne is the one in the bow tie. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JenQ and I were reminiscing about his visit, too. Such a charming, classy, talented man. He will be missed. :(