Three kids, different ages, it’s quite a diverse list!
1. Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus (The six year old’s favorite. I think it includes just about every girl-friendly theme you could think of, including flying horses, princesses, ice skating, magic jewels, and fuzzy animals.)
2. The BFG, or pretty much anything by Roald Dahl
3. Any Junie B. Jones book
4. Barney’s Alphabet Soup (Yeah, I know. What can I say, three year olds think soup made with ice cream, jelly and ketchup is hilarious.)
5. The Cheerios Book
6. Go Dog Go
7. Twelve Dancing Princesses
8. Time For Bed
9. Pajama Time
10. Never Put A Frog In The Kitchen Sink
11. Class Clown (most recent book read by the eight year old.)
12. Any I Spy book
13. Where the Sidewalk Ends
I can’t wait until they’re a little older; I’ve got lots of faves from childhood I'd love to share with them. My own list would have included Trixie Belden, The Dark Is Rising series, Harry Potter (which I read as an adult, but I think still counts).
Do you have a favorite kids book? Or a kid who insists on reading/hearing the same book over and over? Help expand my kidlets’ library!