Monday, April 02, 2007

I've Been Tagged! -- Five Things I Obsess About

Thanks to the lovely and talented Selena Kitt, I've been tagged with a new meme -- five things I obsess about.

Oh-kaaay... I'll give it a shot!

1. Reading series books in order. I used to be able to read a book even if it was in the middle of a series. No more. If I'm going to read Sue Grafton's mysteries, I've got to start at A, baby! It just drives me crazy to find myself in the middle of ongoing storylines and wondering who the heck that person is who just dropped in. And, of course, I adore series, so I have to spend that extra bit of time searching out the books in order.

2. Like Selena posted, I'm obsessed with Netflix. Is my queue up to date? Am I balancing choices for me, my husband, and my kids? Am I forgetting some new release?

3. Cooking Light magazine. I rarely actually try a recipe from it, but I've got stacks of 'em with gorgeous pictures and intriguing menu ideas. Then I go make chicken tacos like every other Tuesday of the year.

4. Entertainment Weekly. With three kids, I hardly ever get control of the remote, let alone enough time to watch a show on a regular basis. (Although I do make exceptions for The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, which I listen to in the background most nights while finishing up work for the day job.) And forget about movies in the theater! But with my subscription to EW, I can keep up on pop culture, and even talk half-knowledgeably about what's going on with the latest reality show! (Plus, it helps me fill out my Netflix queue -- see #2.)

5. Technorati. What can I say, I'm insanely curious about what other people are blogging about! (And yes, I have been known to ego-surf from time to time. )

So there you go -- my obsessions. In return, I'm tagging Diane Craver, monkeybard, and Stacy. Have fun, ladies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh eek. Off I go to blog my obsessions. Stay tuned for breaking news. ;)

Stacy~ said...

Oh a little late to the party but you know what they say about that. I seem to be all about obsessions lately LOL

Anonymous said...

Geez, Kate - I thought I'd stop by. I mean I like seeing my name in your last post but it's okay really, you can write a new one now. LOL I guess I'll try back later.
Take care.
Diane